Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Service
Format of Contract:
JP Plumbing and Heating (The Company) will conduct business solely upon the following terms and conditions:
- Can be varied only in writing by the owner of the company
- Override and exclude any terms stipulated or refered to by the customer in any communication prior course of dealing with the company
- Supersede any prior representation, whether oral or written, made to the customer by any employee or agent of the company.
JP Plumbing and Heating agrees to offer general plumbing and heating requirements.
The company reserve the right to use any materials it deems fit for the purpose of the job unless otherwise directed by the customer, in which case alternative materials will be supplied by the customer at their own cost
Booking the service:
When booking your plumbing/heating work we require 40% of the cost of the work, payable by cash, cheque or online banking.
Unless previously agreed all payments are due the day upon completion of the work carried out. If credit is arranged then JP Plumbing and Heating shall invoice the customer for the current price of the service upon completion of the service at agreed stages. subject to credit being allowed to the customer by JP Plumbing and Heating the invoice shall be payable strictly net within 24 hours.
Default in payment:
In default of due payment of its invoice, the company may in its absolute discretion and irrespective of any other rights, maintain an action against the customer for the invoice sum. Upon which interest shall be payable at the rate of 8% above Natwest bank current base rate per calendar month or part thereof, from the date of invoice until payment. In line with Late Payment Legislation 1999.
The customer hereby warrants to provide reasonable access to power for electricity, Gas and water in order for the company operative to carry out the tasks requested.
- The company shall not be liable for the first £150 of loss/ and or damage sustained by the customer by reason of any cause whatsoever.
- The company shall not be liable for loss/ and or damage sustained by the customer resulting from any reliance placed upon information provided by the company.
- The company shall not be liable for loss/ and or damage sustained by the customer and resulting from any inability on the part of the company to perform its obligations, by reason of war, riot, explosion, fire, flood, strike, Lock-out, acts or regulations of government, shortage of materials or labour, failure of plant or equipment, or any other event which the company is unable to avoid.
The customer may not withhold of any invoice or other amount due to the company by reason of any right of set off or counterclaim which the customer may have or allege to have for any reason whatsoever.
- Each of these terms and conditions is to be considered separately and shall survive and apply even if one or more of the other terms and conditions are held to be unreasonable or otherwise inapplicable.
- Headings contained herein are for reference purposes only and shall not be deemed to be of any indication of the meaning of the clauses to which they relate.
- Any customer accepting the services of JP Plumbing and Heating are entering into a contract with the company and thereby accept these terms and conditions irrespective of whether read or not
- Any customer that has not settled there invoices within the specified time (7 days) or (14 days) is liable to have their services suspended until such a time that the account is brought up to date.
- All complaints must be made within 3 days of the completion of work, an employee will attend and deal with all matters raised and will be deemed to have fulfilled the terms of our guarantee.
The client agrees to provide 48 hours notice of cancellation
The promotion entitles 10% off boiler servicing when redeemed off website or JP Plumbing and Heating engineer between 21st november - 31st december 2011.This promotion can not be used with any other offer or exchanged for cash in any way. We have the rights to remove any offers or promotions at any time
English Law shall govern these terms and conditions and the English Courts shall determine any dispute arising out of or in connection with the same.